- Define COPD
- Define patient populations in which COPD screening is appropriate
- Recognize how to make a diagnosis of COPD in the office setting
- Create a treatment plan for the patient with COPD for long-term and acute exacerbations
- Counsel a patient on medications used in treatment of COPD, how to use them, compliance monitoring
- Counsel patients on the role of smoking cessation in treatment of COPD (see Smoking Cessation objectives)
COPD Clinical Card.pdf
Englert S, Elliott M, Keegan DA. COPD. Canadian Family Medicine Clinical Card. 2015. Available at: https://sites.google.com/site/sharcfm/
COPD One-Page Primer.DFCM Open
Tse B, D’Urzo T. COPD One-Page Primer.DFCM Open. 2014. Available at https://dfcmopen.com. Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND
CTS position statement-Pharmacotherapy in patients with COPD-An Update
Bourbeau J, Bhutani M, Hernandez P, et al. CTS position statement: Pharmacotherapy in patients with COPD—An update. Canadian Journal of Respiratory, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine. 2017;1(4):222-241. doi: 10.1080/24745332.2017.1395588.
COPD Clinical Findings
The Calgary Guide to Understanding Disease. COPD: Clinical Findings. Published Jan 7, 2013. Available at: http://calgaryguide.ucalgary.ca/
Cough. Family and Community Medicine Clerkship Core Curriculum Module
Young S, Mardimae A. Cough. Family and Community Medicine Clerkship Core Curriculum Module. University of Toronto. March 2018.