- Define COPD
- Define patient populations in which COPD screening is appropriate
- Recognize how to make a diagnosis of COPD in the office setting
- Create a treatment plan for the patient with COPD for long-term and acute exacerbations
- Counsel a patient on medications used in treatment of COPD, how to use them, compliance monitoring
- Counsel patients on the role of smoking cessation in treatment of COPD (see Smoking Cessation objectives)
COPD One-Page Primer.DFCM Open
Tse B, D’Urzo T. COPD One-Page Primer.DFCM Open. 2014. Available at https://dfcmopen.com. Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs CC BY-NC-ND
CTS position statement-Pharmacotherapy in patients with COPD-An Update
Bourbeau J, Bhutani M, Hernandez P, et al. CTS position statement: Pharmacotherapy in patients with COPD—An update. Canadian Journal of Respiratory, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine. 2017;1(4):222-241. doi: 10.1080/24745332.2017.1395588.
COPD Clinical Findings
The Calgary Guide to Understanding Disease. COPD: Clinical Findings. Published Jan 7, 2013. Available at: http://calgaryguide.ucalgary.ca/
COPD Findings on Investigations
The Calgary Guide to Understanding Disease. COPD: Findings on Investigations. Published Jan 7, 2013. Available at: http://calgaryguide.ucalgary.ca/
Asthma Devices Clinical Card 2014
Chadha N, Keegan DA. Asthma Devices. Canadian Family Medicine Clinical Card. 2013. Available at: https://sites.google.com/site/sharcfm/
Asthma and COPD Medication Table
The Lung Association. Respiratory Medications. Medications Currently Available in Ontario. October 23, 2017. Electronic most-updated version can be accessed on: www.on.lung.ca/PCAP.
Cough. Family and Community Medicine Clerkship Core Curriculum Module
Young S, Mardimae A. Cough. Family and Community Medicine Clerkship Core Curriculum Module. University of Toronto. March 2018.